I live San Francisco, with roots in Australia and the Philippines.
My specialist areas include:
- Project management – Following PMO principles, my achievements include launching Campaign Monitor’s new customer support portal and knowledge base. Results in FY18 Q1-Q2 include: IRT reduced from 33 hours to < 1 hour, 10% reduction in case time-to-resolution, Support Contact Index (SCI) reduced from 0.109 to 0.066.
- Email marketing – 10+ years of design, operations and analysis experience, including the publication of definitive HTML email guides and resources.
Sometimes I participate in webinars, conferences and workshops, like:
- ‘Webinar: How to Leverage Email and Mobile Messaging to Elevate Customer Experiences‘, Campaign Monitor & Vibes, January 2018
- ‘Using Email to Automate Customer Service and Success‘, The Email Design Conference, San Francisco, 2016
- ‘Going International: How to Localize your Email Marketing Campaigns‘, The Email Design Conference, Boston, 2015
- The Future of Email Marketing, London, 2015 (organiser)
- ‘Staying Relevant as a Community Manager‘, SXSW, 2015
- ‘CSS Support in Email: The Problem we should be Fixing First‘, Inbox Love, Oct 2014
- ‘Customer-Centric Email Marketing‘, SXSW V2V, Las Vegas, July 2014
- ‘Adapt or Die: The Mobile Email Challenge‘, Future Insights Live, Las Vegas, June 2014
- ‘What’s Pushing Email Design Forward Today?‘, The Email Design Conference, San Francisco, London, Boston, 2013
- ‘Designing for Almost Every Device‘, Mobile Email Design Masterclass, February 2013
- ‘Optimizing HTML Email for Mobile‘, What Do You Know?, 2012
- ‘State of the Animation: Email, Video and the iPad‘, Ignite Sydney, March 2009
I also write a lot, too. For example:
- Smashing Magazine:
- ‘What 22 Billion Newsletters Tell Us About Designing For Mobile Email‘, August 2014
- ‘Email Marketing for Mobile App Creators‘, August 2013
- ‘From Monitor to Mobile: Optimizing Email Newsletters with CSS‘ , August 2011
- ‘Working Harmoniously With Your Team on Web (and Email) Projects‘, August 2014
- ‘The State of CSS 3 in Email Templates‘, May 2010
We can start a conversation by talking about:
- Places we’ve travelled – I go walkabout, I speak Spanish. México City is my long-weekend escape.
- Cycling, skiing and the outdoors – Favorite tour? Glacier National Park.
- Food – Gee, I can’t pass on fried chicken.
- Things that make you happy.
If you see overlap between your Venn diagram and mine, please get in touch.